Wednesday, June 6, 2012

16 Weeks 3 Days

After hearing about a dozen different due dates, it's official: we are due November 18th!  It should stay that way since we have a permanent OB now, who we love!  That makes us only 16 weeks along.  I feel like my baby hasn't made any progress because I've been thinking I was 16-17 weeks for the past month and a half.  That makes the baby the size of a turnip!

I have been getting severe allergies and was in the ER last week with bronchitis.  Today Dr. Cook informed me that because of the pregnancy, I will continue to be sick for at least two months.  Fun! I have also been on antibiotics twice now and it's been rough on my digestive system.

We were in the ER last Thursday in the middle of the night due to my breathing, or lack thereof.  The doctor on duty tried for over twenty minutes to find the baby's heartbeat before giving up and stating "well, you better make an appointment with Dr. Cook as soon as possible" before sending me home.  I was reassured when Dr. Cook found the heartbeat almost instantly this morning.  152 bpm, and going strong!  ( does that mean boy or girl??? )

We saw the movie What to Expect, and I have to say I loved it.  I once thought when I was pregnant that I would be so cute, trendy, active and glowing... To say the least, pregnancy has not been as glamorous as I imagined it to be.  However, I know it will all be worth it and I can't wait to meet our little one!    

1 comment: